So I've just sold my house and all the speakers in my signature went with it. But now I am planning my new build just down the street. It is a smaller townhouse so no room for a dedicated HT, M100's, etc. I am looking into putting a moderate atmos set up in the living room with some M60's as the L/R and in-cabinet center channel in a custom low boy cabinet (which worked REALLY well with my last house).

Anyway in my previous build I used onwalls on the ICF walls and inwalls in any interior walls and it worked well. For pure WAF I was hoping to go mostly inwalls but most of the walls are ICF. The ICF being used is about 3 inches thick plus the depth of the drywall before hitting the concrete center. So does anybody have experience with this type of installation? Even if I can create enough depth from removing the foam I don't know how the cavity will affect performance of the speaker. Before the drywall goes up I can remove as much foam as possible however that just cuts into the sound proofing for our neighbors.

Oh and thanks to Axiom for making an in-ceiling speaker! This wasn't an option in my last build (Though I know the in-walls could have worked).

Temp.setup - 2.1 - Denon 1713 AVR, Denon 1713 BRD, Paradigm Cinema 200, and Monitor Audio 360 Sub