Yeah - the transport buttons definitely suck where they are placed. They do offer an lcd screen up top where you can place these functions if you so desire. I use this space for other functions.

If I could change three things about the remote - I would only change one (because I think that otherwise, it is perfect) - the position these buttons.

But, you know what - I use the buttons failry rarely, even with my TiVo - and you get used to it fairly quickly.

My brother got the Sony LCD touchscreen remote, which really LOOKS cool, but the Harmony actually IS cool. I can't say it enough times how much my wife really digs this purchase. To her (and to me) this remote made our system which was fairly complicated (3 separate components need to be turned on just to watch TV - and don't even start on switching between channel and volume - talk about a pain) into a real ease. And it's kind of fun to press an activity button, like "watch a movie" and see the tv turn on, the dvd player start up, the stereo go to DVD, the tv change to DVD, and then access the menu and go to 16:9 enhanced, all with the touch of one button. Easy and simple.