Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
I'm baffled. It doesn't even seem to be new content he woke the thread up for. confused

It's Gene. He doesn't make much sense in anything that he does. Unless you consider horrifically bad self promotion (at least in his videos) as "making sense."

What's worse are the blind lemmings that follow this guy's every word. Sure, Gene could say that I am a blind lemming for owning Axioms, but I bought mine 11 years ago after a lot of research, listening to other brands, but before even hearing the Axioms. I liked them so much that I didn't worry about the more expensive brands that sounded similar. That is also why I later upgraded my VP150 to a VP180, added 2 more QS8s, and bought 4 M3 on-walls just last fall. I like the speakers, I like the company.

Better products out there? Sure. Some costing the same or maybe even less, probably. But most of those other companies are barely above paying someone to build a DIY type speaker (not that some can't look nice). Some do offer nice looking products. But how long will they be around? I think of a maker of amazingly great subwoofers right here in my state of Iowa. Elemental Design was basically a "garage" business in the small town of Newton, Iowa. People RAVED about how great their products were, and things were going great for a while. Then, and I don't know the details, they started having issues, put current stock on clearance, and closed up shop. to this day, I don't think that anyone who has owned one of their products has had anything but extremely positive feedback. They has everything going for them and offered tremendous performance and at a reasonable price, but didn't last.

I'd take someone who has been around a while, has a product that I like, etc. Sure, the pricing has gone up a lot in the 11 years of ownership, but so have the costs of R&D, materials, and construction.

Farewell - June 4, 2020