I have a 60" LG plasma that is 2 years old and a 50" LG plasma that is 7 years old (I also have an Epson projector on a 135" screen). I like LG and I love Plasma (sad that technology is no longer available). Both my LG's are 720p (the Epson is 1080p). Most of what we watch on the LG's is cable (news, sports, prime-time dramas, etc).

There are still many issues with 4K that have not been finalized or standardized yet. I'd hold off on 4K right now as the way one person described it, "they are flying the airplane while still building it". 3D has pretty much failed in the home market (as I predicted). Plasma is gone, so the TV manufacturers are trying to push the next best thing to keep sales going (whether it's ready or not). This is a true scenario of putting the cart before the horse. Any one remember Beta, or DVD Audio?

I love my plasma tvs. Even at 720p they both look fantastic. I am not in any hurry to upgrade. Both times the LG was cheaper than the Samsung and picture quality was close with the LG a little better (IMO).

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990