I have a dilemma on my new home-theatre set-up. I currently have Klipsch Synergy line components and a 46" Rear Projection HDTV. I am getting rid of the Synergy and the 46" is being replaced by a 92" 16:9 screen / Panasonic HD projector.

Question is about the speakers. I am looking to upgrade to the Klipsch reference series line. This would compose of the RF-35 Floorstanding Speakers, RC-35 Center Channel Speaker, and the RS-35 Speakers (possibly another set for a potential 7.1 set-up). The subwoofer would be a 20-30 PCi from SVS.

How does the following Axiom set-up compare?
M60ti Front
VP100 Center
QS4 rears

The specifications seem to favor Klipsch in almost every category but I'd like to know your opinion on this. I'm pleased with Klipsch but have heard that the Axioms are just much, much better. The price would run about the same.

The Preamp is a Marantz 5300 (90 x 6)soon to be a 6300 or 7300, linked to a Marantz MM9000 THX Ultra Amp (150 x 6 into 8 ohm, 240 x 6 into 4 ohm). My room size is 11' x 25' x 8'. Listening mix would probably be equally split between HT, HDTV and Music (played really, really loud).

Do I go with Klipsch Reference or Axiom?

-Alfred

"Constantly conspiring to inspire."