Originally Posted By 2x6spds
And ... they included a delicious piece of Ghiradelli cherry hazelnut chocolate in the box with the amp. That is class.

It's OK pmb, deja vu all over again. And there you thought the faithful had driven all heretics from this site. I will say, that it has been pretty quiet around here.

Do I recall correctly that it is your scientific conclusion that all (properly designed) solid state amps sound the same?

But, but ... my ears tell me that's not so!

So, who am I to believe? Authoritative pronouncements from those who know it all, or my lying ears?

There is nothing wrong with getting a new amp, firing it up, and loving what it does. This is actually a GOOD thing. Hobbies should be fun.

There is also nothing wrong with a sighted test. When taking a sighted test, the one thing to remember, it's not just your ears that are "doing the listening".

The beauty ... and the beast ... of a properly run blind test is, in this case, ONLY your ears that are hearing the difference.

Sometimes, a guy just wants to have fun, and not worry about whether or not it's scientific.