So the new product models are coming out soon and it's another stab at trying to figure out if it's time to get a TV for my media room. Got 7.2 sound and kickass speakers.. just no TV to watch a movie with.

The Canadian Dollar has gone down the drain, and just about everywhere that I have gone to see are saying that it's going to drive up the new product as it comes in. everything is bought in US dollars.

The next trend it seems is that the major players are dropping the old 2k tv's in favour of 4k for the upper end units. You can still get the 1080p models, just not with the best panels and colour controllers behind them. It's all the Walmart mass production price stuff. All the upper video colour correct stuff is now in at 4k.

The cost of the OLED is just going up with the dollar. There are some better deals on the 10bit 4k UHD. I was looking at the LG unit that has the IPS screen that technically is a better screen, but there have been great reviews of the Samsung 8500 series that is supposed to look spectacular. Both end up being the same price that is a good $2000 more than I wanted to pay. But it it worth buying a less expensive screen and getting less in quality? On the flip side, I have lived with a lower grade screen for the past 3 TV's I've bought, so is it really that important to get accurate colour with proper contrast definition?

How long to LED tvs last for anyways?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5