Originally Posted By Socketman
I gotta ask. At 12 feet can you really see a difference. If you have rogers cable your in luck they are adding 4k sports soon.

Richard

Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
I found an article which suggests season 2 onward is 4k in house of cards. Try season 2. Netflix is sneaky like that.

Does it look like this when you preview it on netflix? Didnt know netflix 4k was available in Canada. How you liking the new Panasonic anyway?

I was surprised as to how much content there is out in NetFlix land in 4K, even here officially in Canada. But who would want NetFlix and not have some DNS/VPN to get worldwide to take advantage of what they offer. Canada content rather sucks but we do get some things here that are not in other parts of the world.

Now as for picture quality. That is a hard one to really say as the TV takes the incoming signal and up-converts it to 4K. So your 1080p signal is converted up so you can't really say does it look worse than a true 4K stream. Can you see the detail at 12'? On some things I would clearly say yes. A better but still totally unfair question is how does this TV compare to my Samsung 46D6450 that I thought had an OK picture. Well the difference is night and day. The blacks are really black. You can see detail in shadows as and dark scenes where on the older Samsung it is just a murky black blob. The picture is far more defined and cleaner looking.

When watching TV, or more to point sports on TV, there are some channels that are worse to watch as they transmit in 720p vs 1080i. The 720 you can see the loss in detail right away. This might be a factor of being a 65" TV vs my older 46", but I think this is more a factor of the quality of the screen than just over size.

My shot at NetFlix with the House Of Cards is on several levels. First, that their support person didn't know their own content and blamed me for a fault that was actually their own. Second, that NetFlix is advertising and promoting content saying that it is one thing to their customers when in reality it falls far short of that mark. NetFlix sells themselves as being a customer friendly service, but spent quite a bit of time arguing that the problems were all mine. I even tried to point out stupid bits like they make it 2-3 levels deep to get even their phone number and when you call they ask for a service code that at the bottom of the show listing page that takes 4-5 screen refreshes to get. Why they are not together in one spot is beyond me as you need both to be able to contact them. The supervisor just didn't get the suggestion and decided to argue with me about how easy it is to contact them.. just shake my head in puzzlement.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5