I live on the wrong side of the lake from you, but like Cohesion, have the LFR1100s in my 5.1 HT. I mainly got the speakers for music listening but use the room for watching some TV and movies as well.

I did look long and hard at the sound that I could get as I wanted to buy one set of speakers while my hearing was still good and I was young enough to enjoy them. I looked at Paradigm, Totem and B&W. Specifically the B&W 804. They are a different sound but personally I found that irrespective of the price difference, I did prefer the Axiom LFR1100 to them. The best way to define it was more they felt like you were up close and personal with the sound. Maybe not as precice a sound but more of an emotional connection.

As for how they work in the HT setting. They are a bit of a double edge sword. The sound they produce is much larger and so the sound stage they can produce is too large for some movies where they tend to over extend the field at the cost of the other speakers. I am not a die hard movie fanatic and watch more to loose myself for the time. The effect of the speaker I don't let detract from my enjoyment of the movie, but when thinking back to my past speaker setups, I think that a smaller speaker gave more separation of the channels and more impact to the surround effect nothing overshot another.

Don't get me wrong, the LFR and VP180 speakers are an incredible combination for sound impact. Perhaps they shine too strong for the QS8's I have for my surounds.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5