A nights sleep and you get to think about what you have and what your options are.

Right now it looks like the MCA is going to get boxed up and replaced by something else. The big question is what.

I will give Axiom a call and see if Ian can convince me that their amp is the direction to go.. but the cost vs performance just seems to be a bit too large of a barrier to get over. For the same cost as getting 5 channels from Axiom, I could order in an Outlaw 7 channel amp + Marantz AV7702

There is a local dealer of Emotiva and I could buy into their XPA-7 that would give me 5.1 from the single amp with the extra two channels needed for the LFRs.

For a far less outlay, I could purchase 2 Crown XTi800 to power the LFRs and use the two Amp/One for surround, and center by monoblocking the second unit to get 200w @ 4ohm.

I remember that one of the members here who moved to LFRs went with the Crown amps and didn't have bad things to say about that option. It might be the better choice as the cost is minimal and leaves me some room to look into moving to a newer pre-amp like the Yamaha CX-A5100 in a few years as the room is setup to run 11.2. who knows by then it might be worth while to look in that direction.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5