Originally Posted By vanstevens
Hello all! After falling in love with my M3s, I upgraded to the M22's and moved the M3's to surrounds. I currently have a V2 VP100 (my other two sets are v4). I feel like it is certainly the weak point of my system. I am curious which center channel would offer the best imaging? That's a big deal for me. My space isn't very large. My set up is in my condo's living room. I am debating between the vp150 and vp160 but if the vp100 is the best for imaging given it's more traditional form, then I will upgrade to the v4.

Any thoughts?

PS: it took me about a week before I really fell in love with my m22's. I found them to be a bit harder to place to get good imaging but once I found the right position, I love them. I had a friend over and his mind was really blown by the first half hour of Master and Commander. When he was ready to go, he put on his jacket and put up his hood because he thought it was pouring outside because the rain sounded so real.

At one point or another, except for the VP100, I have owned the VP150, 160 and currently 180. In moving to what would essentially be full-range speakers(160/180)the difference in sound is much more pronounced between the VP150 and 160 as opposed to the VP160/180.

I must admit though with the design difference between the two models, in my opinion, that from both pink noise generated for balancing purposes and actual real world listening, the off-axis performance of the VP160 is somewhat better than the 180. In either case, though, you can't go wrong with either one of them and because they are both rather large speakers, then it just becomes a matter of space issues.