The person you want to talk with is CraigSub. He is the one who has done the most on comparing speakers to each other.

I had a pair of Energy C-3 and the move from them to M80 was absolutely huge. Funnily though I went from a larger Celestion DL8 speakers to the Energy C-3 and thought that there was a great improvement at the time. But I also upgrade to a far better receiver and didn't put the weight into knowing how much impact a good high current amp could have.

I have never owned a Magnapan electrostatic speaker. I gather that there are those who adore them and those who abhor them. Personally I found that they didn't really do anything for me as the sound was to linear and didn't have the live warmth to them that I like. it might be part that they were not setup correctly??

have not heard the M60 so I can't say how they sound but I found the wall mount M3 that I tried once to be a bit lacking when held up against the larger speakers.

But once you get into a HT setup you are stuck with what form of compromise you are willing to take.

btw: ask Craig about is thoughts on the LFR's.. Where is Craig? we have not heard from him in quite a while.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 03/13/16 04:48 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5