Originally Posted By oakvillematt
When I was looking at a new TV, for me it was the choice of size and picture quality.

I will admit that the QLED did look pretty impressive and I probably could have put up with a smaller TV, but the price was just too out there for me to take.

I did get a 4k tv and to be totally honest, I don't think that I can really tell the difference between the content that I see in actual 4K source and that at 1080p. However, what muddies the waters with that statement is that all the input sources are unconverted to 4k by the TV so it's not that you are really seeing a lower res on the screen.

For me however was the picture quality. I found that the Panasonic panel that I got gave me a picture that I really loved and I knew it would not be something that I wished I had bought something else instead.

I guess it is the old story if you have nothing to actually compare to, it is hard to tell if there is a difference. We have two other 32" LCDs in the house that are about 2 years old. When I bought the 65" LG LED 4K monitor back in November and almost immediately just comparing off air HD cable stations, with the significantly wider color space, 4 times the pixels, and upconverted signal on the 4K set, I felt the picture looked noticeably better than the the older smaller LCDs.

I calibrated my 4K set so it even looks better with picture detail and sharpness on all sources looking better even without a native 4K signal. Youtube has a considerable number of 4K videos to look at, especially a lot of colorful outdoor nature scenes. I have seen a number of these shown on 4K monitors when on display in retail outlets. In any case, I felt overall, that the picture just jumps out at you that much more.

The one advantage of the OLED technology that is constantly discussed comparing them to LED/LCD monitors which still can't give you and probably because of the limitations of the their technology never will, is the black levels, however, OLEDs in the larger sizes still are considerably more expensive. LG has introduced a couple of new top of the line OLED monitors(G6 and G8)that were at the CES in January which look incredible and even have a built in soundbar, however, in the 65">75" sizes, there still looking at an MSRP in the $7000-8000 range or more.

Last edited by casey01; 03/26/16 07:18 PM.