Please read my part 1 post [for context],in this section.
Recently, after reading a post on this site,I was disappointed to learn that the Axiom drivers are made in CHINA. I was sure that I had read here...the drivers were made in Canada. As I had said in part 1, I had not shopped
for speakers for some time.Things have really changed in more ways than one. THE main reason I did not buy new JBL'S
to replace my old 3800's,was that they are now made in Mexico. I had been looking at the new Northridge E90's
[399.00 list]. Recently, Best buy had them on sale for....
249.00 each[dollars].Now, if Best buy can sell them at 249.00, and still make money, think how cheap they must be for JBL to produce. I didn't want a cheapo, cookie cutter,
knock-off, of the former USA made product! I was a customer
for life,but they [JBL] blew it.
Many of the other "B&M" [borrowed from this forum] brands
are also made in China, Mexico, etc. This just does not sound like "quality" to Me. I have yet to see a product made
elsewhere be better than the original. Usually same price,
just poorer quality.
Back to the M60's.
Don't get me wrong, I think the M60's,are great, I just hate
to see Axiom " go down this road". I had read so much about all the research, testing, and articles about "the Canada
sound",that I expected the speakers[drivers] to be made in
Canada. Here in the USA, they can't close the factories fast
enough,so they can make their "Brand name products" elsewhere.
It does matter you know, if "they" make everything in other
Countries,most of us won't make enough money to buy speakers.....[plus lot's of other things] anymore.
Anyway, back to Axiom.
What I would like to see happen,would be the "adding" of another speaker line. Keep the existing line just as it is,
the products,service,web site, etc....... but add an 'Elite
line". Just for an example, let's call it a M70.
Something like this: real wood veneers,1" tweeter [upgrade?]
5.1/4 mid driver,two 8" drivers [all made in Canada?].
More rigid grille frames, please no plastic "chicken wire"
in front to deflect sound waves. heavy gauge wire inside speaker, metal tags, and emblems,etc. This is just an example of what might be possible. I KNOW the speakers would cost much more,but the new line would have huge selling points, and put to a end the nit-picking by some.
There are plenty of companies selling "entry-level" import speakers, and the high-end "exotic stuff",these would be in the "middle range".
I believe Axiom is on the verge of being one of the "famous
speaker companies", no more "deer in the headlights" looks when You tell someone about Axiom speakers.
I plan to someday, buy more speakers.... at that time I would like to take one more step up.....I want more Axioms.......Elite M70's???
Build them,they [$$$$$$$$$] will come!

Thank you.

I would like to hear other ideas on this subject, and see what others out there think.

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)