Hi again,thanks for the reply,sorry i did not give enough info on my set up so here it is.Yamaha R-302,Yamaha CD S-300,Axiom m 60,s,Monitor Audio Bronze BX2,s.Yesterday i listened to Pink Floyd,s Endless River, David Gilmore,s On An Island,and they sounded fantastic on my M 60,s I absolutely love those speakers,but the older CD,s ( and i have many of those) sounded flat.When listening on my Monitor Audio,s i have the same issue,Great speaker but i was using the bass control to add a little Umph to old CD,s and what i found was that the Yamaha bass control really did not add much,so it,s either not working properly or it,s as i read that Yamaha amps sound bright,i really don,t know. As for positioning, the M60,s are where every other speaker i have owned was positioned and i cannot change it due to my room lay out and my wife not wanting me to re arrange all the furniture.What i was hoping for was some one who uses their tone control on their amps to let me know if that particular brand amp has good bass or not,i may not use it often but i want that option.As for an equalizer..that may be an option also.The Yamaha amp i have is their budget model and i will be getting a new amp between now and December hence the original question about a good amp for the M 60,s.I don,t want to drown over the mids and highs of the speaker,just a little more base when i want it,hope i,m making sense here,lol and thanks again for the input. smile p.s. on my yammy i use the loudness sometimes on lower volumes,but it creates static when i use it,it,s an older model i believe.