Interesting note on the incandescent in line with LED Serenity - I did not know that.

Arons - maybe a somewhat less conventional idea than you are looking for, but could you use something like the Philips Hue lights? I know you don't want to use an app, however if you combine Hue or similar with a preset on a Harmony you might be able to achieve what you want.
As an example, I also wanted to avoid apps for the family but also wanted integrated lighting options - I have 2 wall sconces in my HT which I have put the Hues into and they work well. I have the lights programmed into my Harmony so when I start activities they go to a certain colour and brightness. Optionally, I can then easily override the predefined setting with a quick Siri voice command. Lastly I have it programmed so that when I end all activities (power off) the lights come back to full white and brightness so I can clean up the spilled popcorn :-)

To get even simpler use you could even use something like the new logitech pop buttons:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/pop-home-switch
I haven't tried these but it looks like they make predefined sequences available to everyone at the push of a button.

Good luck!

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1