BigJohn, reading week would be spring break. I forget when it actually was but I know it wasn't too warm here. We didn't really aim for Dallas for warmth per se but we just pointed the car south and drove untill we could wear shorts! We didn't really even have a good destination for the border guard. He asked us where we were headed and we said somewhere warm! Now don't tell me that kind of ambigous answer would fly in this day and age!

We stayed in a hotel in the downtown area, entirely by chance. It was walking didtance to an area I think that is called "The Market?" It's like a street with restaurants and bars with no cars and people walking around drinking. Sunday we picked up tickets to a Stars game and then went to a place called "The Red Jacket". Which was a blast. I forget the name of the area it was in, something like deep ellom.

Yes, that seems to be the route we took. Lincoln and Oklahoma city were two places we went through. All in allnot the most scenic trip ever. But if you think that it's the most boring trip ever you havn't driven Winnipeg to Edmonton. There is a cure for insomnia, it's called Saskatchewan.