Hi Rock,
If you love music over your M22s, I'd be cautious about ordering an early "ti" version of the M60s. When I joined Axiom in the early 2000's, for a 10-year stint writing and testing Axiom models, I did not much like the early M60ti, compared to the M22ti, which I loved from its early versions to the later V versions.

The M60ti had an edgy brash sibilance on brasses and many vocals, especially pop vocals, much like the early version of the M80ti, which I also didn't like -- until Ian redesigned and tweaked the crossover. The M80 then became a great speaker, later in its ti version, and for succeeding models. As for the M60, it wasn't until much later versions that I came to really like the M60. I don't recall which M60 I heard that I really liked. I still have the listening report somewhere; I'll see if I can find it.

In contrast, the M22ti never had that edgy sibilance that I objected to in the early M80ti and M60ti. It was always smooth, linear, uncolored and neutral. Of course it always lacked deep bass, but a subwoofer solved that.

So perhaps you should check out the early M60s with a returnable option.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)