I guess there are at least 4 issues to consider re: which speaker to use for a vertical center channel:

- crossover frequency between sub and other speakers (guessing you might be using 100 ?)

- ability to handle power / generate SPL to keep up with M60 mains (some movies put a lot of content to center channel)

- timbre matching with mains

- what do you have space for (is the center below the screen or can it go behind the (acoustically transparent) screen ?

In the general dumb questions department, would there be any reason why OP could not start by turning the VP150 vertically ? That should address most of the MTM concerns immediately, shouldn't it ?

For what it's worth, my first thought was "M5HP" for the center because it sounds very similar to the M60, would have a decent chance of keeping up with power handling/SPL if you play at medium-high volumes, and is physically short enough that it might fit. A smaller speaker (M2/M3) seems like it might end up being too small unless you only run moderate volume, in which case M2 would probably be a better timbre match than M3 as long as you crossed over at ~100 Hz.

That said, while I haven't heard a VP160 I know that my VP180 was a big and worthwhile update (I bought it before VP160 was introduced) and my impression is that with your system a VP160 would be just as big an improvement if not more.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8