The only problem with this that a perfectly good AC unit installed improperly or sized wrong will give you horrible problems. In the last townhouse that I lived in for 10 years, I had nothing but trouble with the AC unit. I lived in an end unit house, and in the subdivision there were 8 of us with much larger units. And all 8 of us had problems with the AC. The other 132 smaller sized unit had no problems what so ever. The problem was that the builder speced a single sized AC for every unit the same. And the 8 units that were just over the size capability of the AC got screwed, were everyone else was fine.

I moved house rather than taking on the replacement (but mostly because I wanted a better detached house to live in).

I have friends who have replaced AC unit and had problems, and eventually went to a different HVAC tech from whom installed it only to find out it was installed wrong. The AC unit luckly wasn't trashed and re-piping and changing the parts inside the furnace and everything worked fine.

Last edited by MatManBobbleHead; 06/02/17 10:23 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5