Ok, finally received the replacement amplifier on Wednesday (2 weeks turn around is bloody amazing IMHO). I opened the box and to my horror, no instructions! Fearing the worse, I gathered all my tools including my soldering iron ready to tackle what this was of course going to be a major replacement project!

Turns out, all I needed was a simple Allen key. Maybe Axiom can sell their speakers at Ikea! :-)

All kidding aside, with the right bit at the end of my drill, I had the back off in no time. What would have been nice to know is that the only two wires I had to "unbind" were actually on clips and didn't need to be unscrewed. I didn't know they were slider clips so I unscrewed the bolt and can you guess what happened? Yep, one of the binding post fell into the sealed box! Panic set it, how do I get access to that binding post? Crap, I'll need to cut a hole! Yikes!

Sanity returned when I noticed I could simply unscrew the front woofer with the same allen key bit. Voila! There was the binding post hanging from it's wire ready to be fed back into the back hole. Crisis averted.

With the binding post securely back in it's place, I proceeded to install the new amp... Wait a minute, the blue and white wires on the new unit don't have the end pieces to fit on the binding posts! Panic again!

That's when I realized the blue and white wires were terminated with crimp wire disconnects that slide onto ring terminals... DOH! This is where a simple 3"x3" installation picture would have saved me 15 minutes :-)

Long story short, I have my bass back and dozens of movies to catch-up on.

Excellent customer service from Axiom.

Last edited by TDIPablo; 09/15/17 05:08 PM.