Originally Posted By bridgman
Interesting... will give that a try. Are you thinking "close to the speakers" or more like what "on the walls" would be if I had a wall on both sides ?

Surprisingly the difference was not all that subtle... imaging went from "OK I guess" to "quite good" with just that one change.

I am going to try to either build or source some kind of diffusion over the winter. I picked up a calibrated Dayton mic to go with the 2i2 A/D converter so will try to get REW running before I mess with room treatments much more.

That way I can imagine I see changes as well as imagining I hear them smile

REW is a great program and its not really difficult to get up and running. It helps visualize what your hearing. The hard part is interpreting the graphs, thankfully the author is active on the forum and will look at your graphs along with other experienced people on the forum so you too can be an expert. You will loose many hours of your life during the winter messing with this. I have used it to compare my Dirac before and after corrections strictly out of curiosity. Prepare for some real brain overload, though i suspect its not as bad for people who are much smarter than myself. Have fun

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry