In a related Topic, Axiom needs an elevation type speaker. SVS has the right idea but didn't go far enough. For those that want Atmos but can't use ceiling speakers there's not many options. Klipsch is another brand with sorta the right idea. My issue with the SVS is you still can't the angle you need with Atmos with them unless you side fire them or have a large room. Nobody makes a speaker that can be mounted near the wall/ceiling and points almost straight down.

Front heights would be SO much easier to install in my room but I have a fear with it. I've had 5.2.2, 5.2.4, now 7.2.4 in my theater. Granted my time between 5.2.2 and 5.2.4 was very short thanks to Axiom quick delivery. But I've always noticed that movies tend to use the rear height speakers much much more. While it's technically easier to hear things from the front, I'm wondering if it'll just make the front seem larger instead of giving me the overhead Atmos effects. Say a plane flying overhead, it'll move from the front speakers to the front tops, then to the side surrounds. Will that be noticeable as say rear heights where the plane goes from the front speakers, to the rear heights to the side surrounds? or will I even hear it because they'll be firing past and over my head? If this was ceiling speakers I would without question say go with rear tops . I can't really "test" in different locations with ease as all my speakers are ran in-wall to a room downstairs. I'm going to try somehow though before mounting but to run wire across the floor, down steps etc would be along way.

Last edited by Newf; 12/05/17 01:01 PM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12