Originally Posted By Mojo
What concerns me about directs, is the possibility of PLII music being localized to the sides and rears. There's nothing worse than an instrument coming from the side or floating above you when you know it should be out front. I've turned off the wrap-around effect and fully biased the sound field to the front for PLII. With these settings and the QS8s, the sound stage is ultra wide.

I guess my thinking is direct firing gives you more future options. You will eventually have a dolby surround processor which will present a different result than PL2. Eventually, you might want to swap the bipoles out if you get them. Saving you that step. smile

Your v2 m80s could just slide back for surround duty once you get the m100s. Then you can A/B the pros/cons of full range surround vs diffuse energy. My thinking is you will prefer the low frequency envelopment of full range surround channels over diffuse energy.

If the QS wins, you have towers and QS to trade in on the new bigger QS10s. Options are good!