Well, my qs10's arrived yesterday morning. smile

I spent all day ripping apart the living room and neatly running new and better speaker wire to the rear location, plus cleaning up the rats nest behind my entertainment stand.

I also decided to take advantage of my dual binding posts on my m80's. I understand the consensus is that "buy"-wiring on passive crossovers does nothing, but what the hell. Lol

I've never owned an axiom surround before and going from a R-55 sound dynamic bookshelf speaker...

(http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649277338-sound-dynamics-r55-bookshelf-speakers/)

...to the qs10 is going to be an extremely noticeable difference.

I got it all hooked up. Ran a full auto mcacc.

Over and over again it kept reading my surround right speaker as reverse phase. I re-checked connections and everything is as it should be. Eventually I just ignored it and continued on with the auto mcacc.

It set all the speakers to large, which is what I would have done manually(I prefer it for various reasons).

It set the crossover to 80 Hz. I normally run it at 50hz, but left it alone for the time being.

After 10 hours of hooking things up and getting the living room back in order, running a quick and basic setup I was finally ready to hear it.

I queued up 3 or 4 audio tracks I was familiar with and gave a listen in both extended stereo and surround.

I then watched the edge of tomorrow with the wife.

She isnt into my home theater in any sort of fashion as we are, but instantly exclaimed how different and good the movie sounded. And she sounded legitimately excited/impressed.

I felt immersed in a field of sound. And when needed, they had weight behind their sound. In one scene a helicopter was flying in and the sound around and behind me would normally sound thin in comparison to when it reaches the front. Not this time! I could damn well nearly feel the air as if a real chopper was coming in for a landing behind me!

She also described the speakers as "sexy beasts" lol. I definitely agree with her wink

I had a small limited exposure to my new toys last night, but so far im extremely impressed.

If anyone is interested, I will follow up with some more detailed observations after I get a bit more time with them

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57