First off, I defeated the Anthem room correction with bass management. However I left on the digital signal processing, which is what sends a bass range to the sub outputs on the AVM 60. I don't know what the cutoff frequency is for the bass range, but I can say that with my crossover on the EP500 set at 150 hz. it works nicely and I get the entire range.

As far as why vinyl? It just blows away digital sources for smooth pleasing balanced sound. But I will temper that observation with this; you need to have a very solid platform for the turntable/tone arm and phono stage to amplify the signal. I had what I thought was a very good set up, my vintage Marantz 6300 with a vintage Audio Technic AT15ss super shibata and a NOS stylus. The pre-amp was a NAD pp2e, which was a simple $200 unit. It still sounded better than my CD's. Then I picked up a $900 Clear Audio Smart phono stage and WOW; I was hearing things that I didn't know were on the tracks. And the sound stage jumped out. That got me looking at high end turntables which I thought were more about eye candy center pieces more than really improving much over my 6300 (which by the way is still in high demand). I picked up an 8 year old VPI Ares3 turntable without an arm. I then found the SME Series IV magnesium one piece tone arm with very high end bearings. Just to keep things on the up and up for comparison, I mounted the AT15ss cartridge in the new set up to eliminate any possibility that a new high end unit made any improvements..... Well, let me just say that I was blown away!! The sound stage elevated tremendously, again instruments which were buried in the music suddenly were important and best of all, not a trace of bass feed back, nothing. This $9000 turntable/tone arm just blew me away in what I was hearing! The good news is that I found it all used and in mint condition for $3K. It was the best money spent on my system other than the Bryston Model T's smile And soon my Gin gut EP800