Sorry for the late reply. Work is hectic.

As for my V4's they do not have biamp post so it's not that. Hooked up the same way as my V1.

As for my tube amp I find that I liked my Axioms so much more because it took the sharpness from the tweeters away and gave me a much more warm sound that's not fatiguing as better. If I use my surround receiver (Marantz SR7009) to play music I find that they are not very pleasant to listen to for long periods of time.

All the drivers check seem to be moving freely so I doubt it's that. To you guys saying that the V1 have a more forward soundstage I believe that's correct but they also seem to give me much better imaging too.

I thought it might just be me but I invited a friend to listen and he also pointed out the same issue I heard, midrange was veiled and when switched over to v1's the issue was gone and the music came to life.

I might open up the mid drivers up and see if they check out. Might even go as far as swap out mid drivers from my v1 into my v4 to see if it makes a difference or maybe it's all in the crossover?

Sorry if I'm all over the place with this reply