I want to thank everyone for their replies. The M3s are arriving Wednesday, so I do have lots of time to hear more feedback on the Axiom centers. Minus the hate campaign by what seems like the same people, it is really hard to find reviews on Axiom products in other forums.

I am currently using a set of B&W DM600 S3s and a LCR60 S3 center. Hind site being 20/20 I really should have tried the Axiom center first. This has always been the sticking point for me were an under performing center speaker can hurt the whole system for HT.

The VP 160 looks exactly like what I would expect a center to look like, and most feedback suggest it is great, but even taking the size out of the equation(have to raise my TV mount). The cost difference is very significant to me (VP-150 is a stretch at this time). My concern is that it sounds like the M3+VP100 would be an interim step, and not a great center, until I can afford the VP160. Alternatively, for the cost of the M3+VP100 I could get a very nice set of pre-owned B&W towers, and keep using my center until I have the finances for the matching B&W center. The timber won't be perfect but much better match than the M3s likely.(Kevlar vs Aluminium driver/Aluminium vs Titanium tweeter)

Worst case I will at least get to demo a set of Axiom front speakers, just out return shipping. If I am lucky maybe the M3 match well to the B&W LCR60 and I can keep them and save up for VP160. Hopefully a few more people might be able to comment on the VP-100 and VP-150 before then. I was just hoping to upgrade my fronts on budget in one step.

Thanks, Mojo, I did read your review and a few others which is kind of what spurred on this concern.

edit: spelling aluminium and closing comment

Last edited by Helicon; 03/17/18 05:21 PM.