I have the LFR1100-v4 with a pair of EP500-v4 and a VP180-v3. I found for movies that it does give an outstanding sound.

in Stereo mode, I have setup my Anthem to have two modes. 2speaker (L&R) and 2speaker+sub. For most of what I listen to, you are hard pressed to tell the two modes apart. unless you are listening to classical with pipe organs or 5string bass, there really isn't an awful lot that requires the sub to sound right. For jazz, I can't tell the difference. The sub is moving, but not enough to really add, so it's what I would call re-inforcing the sounds. Holly Cole Trio has quite the range of sound and the LFR just belts it out. And you have to listen to her loud.

On the movie front, I have found that there are some tracks that the subs make the room just shake. I am not sure if it's just they overdo the lower frequencies as most people have inadequate subs so you amp it up on the mix to compensate. But there are times where I just have to turn it down.

I have a dedicated 4 channel ADA1000 for my LFR speakers. I personally have never pushed the amp/speakers loud enough to need more power than what the amp can handle. I have tried an ADA1500 and just can't tell the difference. My room might not be large enough to get any advantage.

Last edited by MatManhasgone; 09/08/18 06:05 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5