I asked Guillaume, who heads up the programming of the AxiomAir, if he had any thoughts on this and here is his response:

"Yes. I have heard of it. It has to do with a recent change in the Airplay protocol implementation of iOS. It only seems to affect mobile devices. In theory, the workaround is to disconnect from Airplay, start playing the media, and then connect to Airplay with the media already playing. Once we are finished with the implementation of AirPlay2 this will likely just fix itself. In the meantime you shouldn't need to restart the Air to recover however. Just disconnect from Airplay. Play the media so that it plays on the phone, and then connect to Airplay again. If that doesn't work, let me know and we can try to see if its something else I haven't seen before."

Currently our top focus is the implementation of AirPlay2. I don't have an exact date for the release because Apple is still doing updates to both the documentation and the code for AirPlay2 implementation in our type of O/S. This said, we do have AirPlay2 running now, the remaining items to be able to release AirPlay2 in the AxiomAir are not major, but still important.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer