Hi All,

Been a Axiom guy for a while now for HT and a couple years ago upgraded the 2004 M22s for M80v4s which has been fantastic. I brought the M22s up to my cabin for music and hooked them up to my fathers old Nikko STA6060 (after I had it refurbished) holy crap, the sound was astonishing out of the M22s. This is the first time I had ever hooked them up in a stereo set up. Literally brought back my joy of simply listening to the “sound” of music. I couldn’t believe the low end. I’ve enjoyed them very much and decided to upgrade to the M5HPs and just ordered them last week! Now I’m debating the amp situation. The Nikko is warm and deep but also old and fuzzy even after the refurb. I have an old Dennon AVR that I had the M22s originally hooked up to and it sounded flat and without any life. The Nikko is really what brought it all to life. I’m thinking of trying the Marantz PM6006 with the M5s. What are your thoughts on that combo? I’d like to keep that warm lively sound and get rid of the fuzz and finikeyness of the Nikko. Mostly using Spotify/pandora but do have a record player I use maybe 20% of the time. Thoughts welcome and thoughts in general on the M5s! Super pumped to hear them.

HT - M80v4, VP160v4, QS8vOLD, PSA V1500, Anthem MRX520
2.1 - LFR 660, Rythmik E15, ADA1000+DSP