Slim has the passive Model T and he tells me every day how much he loves it along with the 800 and dual 500v4 - all three of those subs equipped with the gin fizz/disco fever switch. He uses them in 2.1, along with two Anthem M1s with dedicated 5000W service, to fill his house which can easily double as a dance club.

While Bryston has a digital Model T, its sound power and listening window curves are not equal. And neither does the response attenuate at 3dB/decade. The Bryston is also less sensitive and is rated at less than half the average power. The responses are also not as linear mid-band. I am drawing these comparisons from the Bryston active brochure and the Axiom and Bryston websites.

I have not heard any Brystons so I unfortunately cannot satisfy you with any of my poetry.

There are other companies out there building digital speakers but none that I know of that are omni-directional or are focusing on the spinorama as Axiom has. I think most manufacturers continue to believe this is a niche and too risky a market to invest R&D into.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated