So, you worked with NRC, by testing Axiom loud speakers using Floyd's methodology and NRC received some income and free research & labor to improve its methodology ... sounds like a win-win.

It's interesting that a bunch of like minded people enjoyed each other so much while competing for the same market. Was there a cross pollination of ideas and everyone was happy to share or was there some contention. Kind of got the feeling that only nice guys build speakers ...

Some big name companies grew out of the NRC. I remember listening to Paradigm & Mirage speakers in particular. Axiom seems like a late bloomer from my vantage point. Perhaps they are more known in Canada.

Around 2003/4, I think (might have been later), I was checking out Outlaw Audio, a direct to consumer outfit, which made me curious on if there were speaker manufacturers which sold direct. Found Axiom. Axiom was a no-name to me, but I was enamored with its design philosophy. So kept checking in. Joined the boards in 2009 and in 2016 (only 20 years later) I jump'ed in with both feet and bought some speakers. As you can guess, I'm glad I did as I'm still here.