I can only go by what I hear.

The active LFR1100 is the absolute best speaker I've ever heard anywhere. I've also had a $40K pair in here that was frankly shameful and God knows I tried everything with it. Let's just say if I was the head of that company I'd ask just what the f$%k my R&D department was doing and I'd make a few changes including firing myself...LOL!

Having said all that, when I had them in my 1900 cu ft living room, the bass was so good I wept and wet myself many times. Unfortunately, they also got in their own way because soundstage width was narrow. Imaging was pristine though.

Downstairs in my 4200 cu ft space, they are 3D sonic holography in 4K. Soundstage is huge. And they are acoustically invisible. Unfortunately that bass sent from heaven is no longer. Don't get me wrong. It's still the best bass I've ever heard in this room and the only with no EQ. But I need support from twin 500s and the 800 and even then, it's no match for what I heard upstairs.

Now I bet if they had 8" woofers, I wouldn't be envious of Slimpikins and his Model T.

I'm happy but I could be happier and Axiom better be working on my next upgrade!

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated