Perhaps I can speak to that as well. When looking at various pictures of set-ups where OW speakers have been installed, they are usually with wall-mounted flat panel televisions where the center channel is mounted under the monitor and the two L/R speakers are on each side about half way up. In order to streamline the footprint of my set-up, a few months ago, I replaced my M80 and VP180 full-size monitors with an OW VP180 and TWO OW M5 in a L/R configuration. Since, for space reasons, aesthetics and equipment racks, even though I could mount my OW VP 180 is at ear-level, the same couldn't be done for the M5s so they are about two-feet above that which, of course, goes against the long-time conventional wisdom that the L/C/R should be more or less lined up in a horizontal plane. Of course, if you can mount them in that same plane, so much the better.

After a few months of listening, unlike the OW VP180 which is at ear listening level, even though the M5s are above what would be considered the "sweet spot", the only frequencies that seem to drop off slightly are in the upper treble range(which can be dealt with by EQ), dispersion of the M5s in all directions is not an issue. Clearly, the fact that these speakers are designed specifically regardless of location, to go flat against the wall and nothing else, I would be interested to hear comments from the "braintrust" at Axiom as to how they might have compensated in the design in order to mitigate the limitations in set-up and locaion.

Last edited by casey01; 12/27/20 06:59 PM.