Listener, I've said it 83 times on these boards: bigger is not always better. I'd say most of the time, smaller and fewer drivers works better than larger with more drivers. So one shouldn't expect the M100 to be better than the M5. I personally preferred the M5 over the M100 in my 4200 cu ft space and my 1900 cu ft living room. The M5s produced a bigger soundstage and acoustically disappeared. But the M100s sounded more like real instruments, went louder than I needed with no distortion and were just AWESOME for movies. I couldn't get enough of movies, man! It was an amazing 3D soundstage. This is when I realized that towers really matter for movies.

My M80v2 were just total garbage compared to the M100v4 and M5v4. I can hear Alan Lofft saying "You know better than that, Mojo. It's just a matter of degree." Yeah, OK Alan, but not just a few degrees but 180 damned degrees like someone finally saw the light.

Now I'm not saying the M80v4 is garbage - I haven't heard it. But Andrew and Ian didn't work the M80v4 over the way they did the M5 and M100. Andrew aged 10 years getting the Model T and M100 to do his bidding. And he ought to be damned proud. Ian too because I think he was the final sayer on the response curves.

None of this is new BTW. I've said all this before.

So for you Listener, since you're into movies so much, and since the M80s work well in your space, I expect the M100s to sound better than M80s because they are more linear in lows and mids.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated