Hello,

I have the itch for some upgrades. And also have some general questions smile

I bought M80 v3's (custom - with die cast baskets and dual inputs) and a VP-160 v3 (also with die cast baskets) in 2013.

In 2017, i bought the QS10HP's for rears.

I drive them all with a Rotel RMB-1095 (200 watts per channel, all 5 channels driven @ 8ohm)

I have the itch to try something new perhaps. I follow a lot of various forums and home theater channels ln youtube, for many years now.

After much research, believe it or not, the klipsch RF7 iii is really catching my attention. Not version 1 or 2. They made considerable changes to the horn and apparently it is smooth as silk. You'd be hard pressed to find anything but glowing reviews for these speakers from all the notable review sources.

That being said....selling my m80's and "upgrading" to those is quitw an additional cost. They are 5500-6000 cad. And speakers are soooo subjective so who really knows how much of an upgrade it is. But i wish i was made of money and could try. I like that its much bigger...heavier and has 10" woofers. I also like its design premises.

Im looking for something "more" than the m80 that can justify a reasonable cost. Higher SPL levels while remaining clean and in control. More heavy end (regardless of subwoofer integration).

Now with that said...i have to consider upgrading to the m100.

(Note to axiom....your trade up section of the website will not work and just goes dead when i try to input my serial numbers. Please help. Ive tried multiple browsers too)

So because the trade in portion of site won't take my serial number...i just put i don't have one. It's not taking into account the custom options of my speaker....so it says i can get $920 for the pair.

As for m100's...

There was once upon a time i could have gotten them for 2800 cad but i missed the boat on that one smirk

They are now 4000 cad. B stock is 2800. But with my trade in....i can potentially get a pair of new m100s for 2700.

What's the point of trading in if i can get b stock for same price or better? I'm better off selling privately and buying b stock frown

This is likely the cheapest upgrade option tho.

How much of a difference would it be? Anyone with direct experience between the m100 and m80....and better yet...anyone with direct experience between the RF7 iii and m100?

I can't find any info on my rotel regarding power if i use that beast for only 2 channels. Did they design it so every channel has seperate amplifiers...in which case...would using 4 total inputs on rotel on dual inputs of m100, give it more available power? Every power amp ive seen usually gives more power when running less channels but i can't find any info at all on this model regarding that. If it does...i wouldn't consider "buy-wiring" potential m100's

There is limited professional reviews on m100s (ive read all the ones that do exist).

Last edited by Mad_Chesser; 04/09/21 01:31 AM.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57