I've been hesitating about upgrading my system because it's based on a JVC DLA-56 projector that cost me nearly 8000$ in 2014.

Yet, it's becoming harder to resist 4K even if my projector upscales, it does not accomplish what the newer TV can. Also, the Projector has been acting up a bit when using the PS5 or the newer Xbox. I wish I could upgrade to the newer JVC projectors but the pricing is still a bit (a lot) crazy.

Right now, I am in 7.1 with 2 qs8 as surrounds, 2 Qs8 as Back speakers, vp180 center, M80 V2 as fronts. The M80 are connected to a Rotel RB-1070 connected to the Pre-out of an aging 1.4 hdmi Yamaha receiver.

I've asked a few people around me and a local shop in montreal but I'm not sure I am getting all the right info.
I've been told that to get all the latest like atmos etc, I would need to get a receiver that would forgo the Rotel amplifier. But not many receivers receivers support the M80 @ 4 ohms. In saying that, I'm not sure why using the pre-out on a new receiver would cancel out newer codecs.

Should I drop the Rotel amp and look at Denon that can push 4ohms ? I would welcome any suggestions or ideas on receivers.

I will not use this system for music as I have a dedicated Stereo system for that.

Thanks to all