Originally Posted by rrlev
Originally Posted by chesseroo
I'll go with Trevor on this one though. If you are contemplating that much, then don't go to cheap on the electronics. My Emo is fine, but if i had an extra $3k for kicks, i probably would have gotten something very different even though i would not have used a tenth of its abilities.

I have two thoughts on this:

Emotive and Outlaw are two small companies which are trying their best to provide a quality products for a reasonable price. I believe they have talented engineers who are often a bit overoptimistic on how easy or how much time things will take. I trust Outlaw a lot more than I trust Emotive although they have pulled similar versions of stringing you along (moving release dates of products for years). Emotive, goes beyond this, knowingly releasing products before they are done. I can only guess they need to ship it in order to have enough money to finish it. This is not a great position to be in and it is especially telling that they have done this multiple times. This does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling ... but

My exact impressions based on all the reading/research i did over several years looking at amp and pre-pro options.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."