So, I sent the Balanced Audio Technology VK56 monoblocks back to BAT to have them upgraded to VK56SEs. They get along very well with the Wilson Sabrina X speakers. I'm playing the Autumn in Seattle CD in the Marantz SA10. What a beautiful recording! My house is full of music. I am so happy.

I picked up a Line Magnetic LM 845ia, a glorious 22 watt per channel integrated which I used to hold me over until the BATs came back. I'm going to swap out the Aragon 4004 for the LM845 in the Harbeth 30.2 system. I just had eye surgery so I was unable to carry the 85 lb monster upstairs. I can't pick up anything over 10 lbs. Pissing sitting down is no fun. It's good to have strong friends! I haven't put the tubes back into the 845 yet. Still gob smacked by the music from the Wilsons. I'll get to it tomorrow. I will try it with the Audio Research LS25 preamp and by itself to see which config sounds better. I'll take some pix and share.

Music ... one of mankind's most wonderful achievements. A bridge between this realm and the transcendent. So beautiful.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BTW, Happy Chanukah!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.