Originally Posted by rrlev
If you were getting muffled high with the M22 V4 then it must have been a bad copy. The M22 & M2 V4s shine in the mid to high as long as your not clipping your amp and not trying to fill a great room. I’m not even gonna qualify that with a IMO smile
Don't want to divert the thread topic too much, but no, it was a small 12x13 room, a decent Yamaha receiver, I used an A/B switch, and this is critical - my wife agreed with me that the M22sv2 clearly sounded better than the v4's. I'm talking out my butt here, but I think Axiom was trying to address all the "bright" talk that was common back then and toned that down in the v4. Also, it wasn't only one speaker and what's the chance that both speakers were bad? If anyone has a more definitive knowledge of the v2:v4 differences I'd love to know the specifics.

As for the M3, I've never been a fan. They're decent enough (I kept mine for a bedroom system), but they sound like the old 'loudness' button got stuck in the on position. Great if you're listening to 70s classic rock, but not so great otherwise. In my case, definitely an IMHO!