I have an old vp150, probably v2, and it's really good but I got to thinking about how much sound comes out the center channel when watching movies. Maybe I need a center than can handle the low end better. I figured if I'm going to upgrade go all out and get the vp180. I read in another forum that the vp180 has a bad speaker arrangement. Particularly the two horizontally spaced tweeters. Comb filtering issues is what they called it. Supposedly this can cause issues with dialogue clarity. They called it a boutique speaker because all the drivers look fancy but at the cost of sound quality. The vp160 has the ideal speaker arrangement. 1 tweeter and 1 midrange set at midpoint of cabinet between woofers. With the vp 160 I gain woofers but lose a tweeter and 2 midrange speakers compared to the 150. I would think multiple midrange speakers would be best for dialogue. It comes down to, is the vp160 going to improve my listening experience all that much over the 150? Any advice from axiom owners would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by greenhouse; 02/17/22 06:03 PM.