Originally Posted by Mojo
Originally Posted by Kodiak
I can vouch for the M3. It’s no slouch at all. It’s quite spectacular. I’m very impressed with their performance so far in my master bedroom playing from a modest receiver. I also have a pair of m60ti in a larger space and really like those too.

Having listened to M3 now for a few sessions I’m already scheming how to incorporate a pair of m2 into my office space and a pair of m3/m5 on walls in my garage.

Short version: I love the clarity of axiom speakers and detailed sound. I’ll bet a pair of m1 or m2 powered computer speakers with a small sub ( if desired ) would be very good.

Have you compared the M3v4 with your M60ti?

Hey Mojo, I’ll comment more over on my other thread so I don’t hijack this one. But I will say this, I now know / think the Axiom Mid woofer is something I will always have, somewhere in some way shape or form in my setups. It’s excellent, the Ti version is all I know but it’s great.

Relating that comment to this thread, computer speakers, I’d pick m3 as a 2.0 music based system or the m2 as a 2.1 or 2.2 system if it was more about dialogue or movies or audio video calls but still wanted some bass for occasional listening sessions. M3 has plenty of bass on its own in a smaller space but if you know and like the axiom mid woofer you just miss it. Or not….Pick either one based on your needs and application. In my house with my options I’d pick passive m2 with desktop mini amp with a quality DAc and headphone out too.

Tyler.

Last edited by Kodiak; 04/18/22 03:00 PM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595