I think there used to be a thread about bicycles back in the day, but I couldn't find it. I'm excited since I just got a new bike. I've had the same Giant Roam 3 for probably 10 years now, and it's the only bike I've owned as an adult. I finally pulled the trigger on a new one, and I'm giving my Giant to my nephew. Here's my new one:

Priority 600

I really wanted the low-maintenance/just get out and ridedness that seems to be Priority's mission. The Gates carbon belt drive and sealed Pinion gearbox should make my bike-owning life a lot less annoying. I never fell in love with cleaning and re-lubing the chain. I'm still adjusting to the different feel after being so used to the one bike.

First impression is that I can't get up and go as quickly on the new bike. No pedal strikes yet, but I've heard it can be more of an issue than normal because of how low to the ground the pedals reach. I also think I need to make some adjustments on the fenders, since I get a little rattle when going over bumps. You also need to momentarily stop pedaling to change gears, so when approaching hills, it's easier to shift down before starting the ascent. I'm probably worrying about that too much, so I'm not flying up the hills like I used to, instead shifting down and going up slowly. On the plus side, it was only my second ride today, and it's already feeling more natural, so I'm optimistic about finding a decent comfort level with the new characteristics.

It seems to be lighter than the Giant, which I wasn't expecting, even with front and rear racks mounted, where I only had a rear rack on the Giant. I also didn't realize the tires would be wider. Not an issue. I just wasn't expecting it, even though it makes sense with it supposedly doing well on gravel.

The big problem with spending a lot of money on a new bike (4x the price of the Giant) is that I want to get even fancier accessories. I've already been using a phone mount I love:

Peak Design - Out Front Bike Mount

So much nicer than the previous phone mounts I've used.

I think I've decided on a new pannier bag for shopping, but I haven't ordered it yet.

Ortlieb Velo-Shopper

I'm still trying to decide on headlight and tail light, since I will be doing night rides.

What are you all riding and accessorizing with?

Last edited by CV; 05/12/22 06:42 PM.