Physically, the 1100 looks the same as the M100 with three exceptions: the rear drivers, extra set of terminals, and the angled rear baffle. I don't remember if the vortex port count and location is the same.

The interior bracing may be different and the amount of sound dampening. My active 1100 includes more bracing and is stuffed to the gills compared to the M100v4.

The 1100 has two internal cross-overs: one for the front driver array and another for the rear. The M100 has a single cross-over.

The 1100 also has the DSP. The DSP steers a set of frequency bands to the front cross-over and a set to the rear. The DSP is the secret sauce that makes the LFR an LFR.

Now you might ask, so what? If the 1100 has twin cross-overs, and I decide to only use the front driver array, it will sound like an M100, right? Not so fast! The cross-over for the 1100 front driver array is not the same as the cross-over for the M100. Recall that the DSP steers frequencies to the front driver array and those frequencies are different than the full audio spectrum delivered into the M100. Hence, the front array cross-over is of a different design compared to the cross-over of the M100.

Without the DSP, not only do you not have an LFR, you don't even have an M100.

You could consider buying the M100 cross-over and doing surgery to convert the 1100 to an M100. But it may be a franken-100 because of the bracing, stuffing, different vortex port configuration and rear driver array. Every change affects the sound!

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated