The average audiophile is not everyone and it's not clear what defines an "average" audiophile. Let's set that aside though and examine what you wrote.

I agree the beliefs you laid out are not absolutes.

The average audiophile has a litany of beliefs that empirical evidence doesn't necessarily validate:

- more expensive audio equipment sound better.

It might. It depends on the system the equipment is introduced into. The system includes the space and listener. I will bet half of me left 'nad my ALFRs sound better, at any volume, with Bryston 9B cubed amplification rather than my ADAs. I will also bet the other half 'nad anyone who can hear can hear the difference. Why? Significantly lower noise floor.

- loudspeaker companies with heritage and pedigree are more trustworthy than upstarts

It depends. Maybe a heritage company has better service and warranty policies. Maybe better product development processes. Then again, B&W has produced at least one dud. Although apparently it sold well.

- bit rate and high-res audio matters for good sound, and you can only achieve it through lossless, 192/24, or going analog-only

Many enjoy the channel cross-talk of vinyl and tape. This cross-talk creates a large soundstage. There are other psychoacoustic effects also related to the frequency response. It's difficult to argue this is bad when it sounds so good. Like the M3 or M50. They're not "as right" as the other v4 but damn they're both seductive in a vinyl or tape kind of way.

- high power amps sound better than well designed low power amps at normal (<90 dB) listening volumes

They might. Because folks think they're listening to 90dB but those damned peaks of 105dB keep getting chopped off with the lower power amps. Also the higher power amps, like say the Brystons, may have a lower noise floor and when used with a highly sensitive speaker in a quiet room, they will sound better even at lower volumes.

- it's not hifi unless it's stereo. Subwoofers, multichannel speakers, and televisions have no place in an enthusiast's setup.

Maybe. Large TVs mess with imaging and soundstage. Subwoofers can sound like crap if they're bad products or folks don't know how to set them up.

- spatial details, rhythm and pace, and musicality has everything to do with good equipment and nothing to do with the room, the recording, nor psychoacoustics.

I whole-heartedly agree this is categorically untrue.

- anyone with good ears can hear the difference that good equipment makes, and anyone who says otherwise needs to check their ears

In the case of Brystons vs. ADAs in my system, please see my previous wager. smile Agreed though that this is not an absolute.

"Each one of these have been debunked, though they're often based on a kernel of truth. The audiophile subculture is not one that embraces science, and they're definitely not ones that can ever reach happiness without that next tweak or purchase."

I consider myself an audiophile. I love science. I love engineering that is based on science. I'm happy and was happy when I upgraded M80v2 to M5v4. And I'd be perfectly happy with just my M2s.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated