So the adhesive wont be hear till the weekend.

Called axiom yesterday afternoon, got voicemail, and left a message with my phone number, email, and seriai number of sub-woofer. Even mentioned this post. Heard nothing 24 hrs later.

All this is just conjecture as I am expecting the adhesive to work.

Investigated purchasing an aftermarket woofer in case a replacement becomes necessary. Yes I realize the DSP wont be tuned to it. I haven't seen anywhere axiom provides the FS,QTS, etc of their sub-woofer. I'm gonna say my room placement isn't that good anyway. Best match I found was Alpine R2-W12D2 .

The price is slightly lower than the OEM but I'm sorry to say my confidence is low in my belief that axiom will be able to deliver a replacement in a timely manner. My rule of thumb is , if you aren't available before the sale, you probably wont be available after the sale. Sadly this wasn't always the case with axiom.

The issue is the axiom sub's frame isn't exactly round. Unless anyone knows of a sub with a frame cutout like this , it would be required to cut the frame of the aftermarket sub-woofer. Keeping the metal shavings off the magnet and away from the speaker will be an issue. A secondary, smaller issue is the bolt holes might not line up but the old nuts could be removed and reused, additional holes drilled in the cabinet to match the hole pattern of the new woofer.

ok finally figured out how to embed nextcloud images on here :-)

[Linked Image from nextcloud.perkosolutions.com]
[Linked Image from nextcloud.perkosolutions.com]

Last edited by Jim_Perkins; 01/10/23 08:23 PM. Reason: embed images

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4