Originally Posted by chasn
I purchased a VP160 Mini (HP) about 4 years ago. It replaced a VP150. It’s still my center for the multi-channel system which consists of M5HPs, QS10s and M2s (7-ch). Have no idea how it compares withs its big brother, but it sounds and integrates great in my average sized room. Bass rolled off at 60hz. Would purchase again if needed.

Early on, I had the regular VP160, later only to change to a reg. VP180 then an OW 180, all because of the change in my HT set-up. If wide-angle dispersion is important to you, because of the difference in the nature of the design of each speaker, from my experience anyway, the VP160 tends to have better WA dispersion than the VP180 that I have owned in both styles, in which case, I probably would have gone to the VP160 OW version instead of the VP180. The issue was, at that time, the OW version of the 160 still did not exist and for me to make a trade "downward" now financially doesn't make sense.

In any case, unless raw power is important to you, I would tend to stick with what you have.

Last edited by casey01; 04/29/23 05:45 PM.