Hello Rich. How are you? Have you cleaned up your room yet, young man? laugh

I have found the M2 bookshelves and M50 are totally inoffensive in any room. Both image amazingly well and disappear acoustically. The M50 though is absolutely exceptional in that it also has enough bass to please me during music without sub. And with that comes a warm, lush sound.

The M3v4, M5v4, M80v3, and M100v4 have been offensive in smaller rooms and even in medium rooms like my living room. The bass is dominating. I can't wrestle it with a bass control but Audyssey tames it nicely. The M3, M5, and M100 all image very well but only the M3 and M5 disappear. The M100 is discernible at times and I can't tell you if that's due to ceiling reflections from the high-mounted tweeters or some other resonances. The M100 takes the prize for fidelity, image separation and image size.

As I've said before, one thing my Boses did really well is not sound offensive. It's easy to do when a speaker doesn't produce highs and lows. But they didn't image. You could drop them anywhere, they didn't bleat and fart, and you had stereo everywhere yet nowhere.

I consider the M50s to be in a class all their own. You can have lows, mids, highs, imaging, and transparency in any room.

I'm still waiting for the LW and SP curves.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated