Thanks for the reply. Yes those conditions and all still apply for 2 channel. Sounds amazing with straight 2.2 channel with my beefy Hafler amp and pre. I have an old pair of paradigm monitor 9 in that basement space now and m60ti are back upstairs in the big room. Sorry I forgot to mention the change in setup, y’all don’t live in my house, how would you know otherwise!! Ha.

But with the Yamaha AVR now in there with the monitor 9’s it’s not as good while watching movies. It’s not that it sucks at all in fact it’s pretty good but I can tell that it could be better.

I just downloaded the manual for the AVR. Wow. ALOT of menus and settings to go through to get the this unit setup properly. I havent tried anything yet but I think there’s likely a solution with in the AVR itself. There’s various DSP and other settings / filters that may be affecting it all. I will report back when I get time to dig into it. I will checkout the apps you suggested too.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595